Discover Malt Whisky Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Scotch whisky is ingrained within Scottish culture.
The ancient Scots used it to heal common ailments and keep warm throughout the winter. And now, Scottish whisky exports make up one quarter of the UK’s international food and drink trade.
It’s a fascinating part of Scottish heritage, and on this tour, you learn about it at two distinct distilleries. You visit Glengoyne, a tiny, quaint distillery located at the foot of a delightful hill. And you explore Deanston distillery, a large distillery with a fascinating industrial past.
What’s more is you blend these delicious flavours with a visit to one of the most famous lochs in the whole of Scotland at the Loch Lomond National Park.
So take this tour, sample a delectable range of whiskies, and learn about Scotland’s national drink.
Your tour takes you west past Stirling to Glengoyne distillery.
The tour here introduces you to the simple but magical process of turning barley, water, and yeast into whisky.
From here, you take a scenic drive to the shores of Loch Lomond for a tasty pub lunch and the chance to sample some local beers. After lunch we recommend a short walk to the viewpoint overlooking the loch before heading towards the second distillery of the day.
Deanston Distillery is a converted cotton mill on the banks of the River Teith has many interesting features and produces some unique whisky flavours. After a relaxed afternoon visit here you return to Edinburgh with the stories and flavours of single malt whisky fresh in your mind.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 18 years|
What is included
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Small Group Tour (16 people max)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Whisky tastings are at your own expense, as there are various price options depending on the day
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Glengoyne Distillery - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Deanston Distillery - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
Meeting Point Information
MEETING: Waterloo Place 6, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, Scotland, GB